I found this recipe on allrecipes.com last night and made it to go with broccoli cheese soup. I ate half the pan almost immediately. It is the best corn bread ever! It’s good cold but great hot!
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Combine the eggs and milk. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with egg mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm.